Ultrasonic Musical Instrument Cleaner
The Original Brass Instrument Ultrasonic Cleaner
Ultrasonic Power Corporation’s ultrasonic music cleaner quickly cleans brass instruments and woodwinds in only 2 to 4 minutes using water-based detergents. Our ultrasonic musical instrument cleaner performs better, faster, and safer, and this cleaning device is capable of cleaning brass, nickel, silverplate, clarinet keys, and plastic. We even have an ultrasonic brass cleaner large enough to clean tubas.
The Best Way to Clean Your Instruments
Check Out What Our Customers are Saying...
Here are some frequently asked questions regarding our ultrasonic musical instrument cleaners:
Will this equipment replace my chemical clean acids and/or my trichloroethylene & perchloroethylene degreaser?
- Yes, this system replaces vapor degreasing and the need for "chem-clean" chemicals. Ultrasonic cleaning provides a more thoroughly cleaned instrument and utilizes environmentally friendly detergents.
What is the basic cleaning process and how long does it take?
- The basic process is as follows:
Submerse the instrument in the ultrasonic cleaner for approximately 2-5 minutes at approximately 100 F. Thoroughly rinse the instrument in 100 F clean rinse water.
- The basic process is as follows:
Will this system affect the lacquer on the instruments?
- No more and no less than your current cleaning process. The Instrument needs to be evaluated prior to cleaning for the condition of the lacquer before the instrument can be cleaned with ultrasonics.
Will a trombone fit in the 39 gallon size unit?
- The 39 gallon unit is 18" x 32". A disassembled trombone will fit in this unit diagonally. The unit will also handle a Baritone. Larger tanks and custom sized tanks are available.
What detergent do you use in this equipment?
- We recommend our Ultra-Power 132B® concentrate at approximately 1-2 oz. per gallon.
Can this system un-stick a tuning slide and how do I clean small parts?
- Yes, frozen tuning slides that are stuck can usually be freed by filling the horn with the cleaning detergent and then immersing the horn in the ultrasonic cleaner for a few minutes. Small components can be cleaned "double-boiler" fashion by floating a small container with alkaline detergent in the larger ultrasonic bath. The ultrasonic action will transfer through the container. Stainless steel bowls work nicely for double boilers.
Are there any disposal issues?
- Generally speaking, there are no special disposal requirements. Some localities may require that you add soda ash to neutralize the acidity prior to disposing down the sewer lines. If there are any questions, check with your local municipality.
Is any ventilation required?
- If the unit is used in a small, confined area, ventilation similar to a kitchen exhaust fan may be used but is not required. This system does not create dangerous fumes and is very environmentally friendly.
Can you assist me with financing the purchase of a unit?
- We work with several leasing companies and can assist you in finding one. We do not lease directly but, have facilitated many customer's purchasing needs.
I need my instrument cleaned now. Can you point me to a local shop with one of your units?
- Sure! Email or call us and we can provide an updated list.
Vibra Bar® = Simultaneous Multi-Frequency ®
Our Sales and Engineering team are ready to help. Contact us today and we will guide you to a successful cleaning solution.