Musical instrument repair shops, manufacturers, as well as marching bands at universities and high schools struggle to keep their large numbers of brass instruments clean. Ultrasonic technology has proven to be a great time and money saver for anyone with a large number of instruments to clean. Whether you are the band director at a school distric or a shop owner with a large rental fleet ultrasonics can save you time and money.
An ultrasonic cleaning solution can clean instruments in less time without hazardous chemicals:
- Felt and leather pads should be removed from the instrument prior to cleaning. Synthetic pads can be left on the instrument.
- The instrument should be disassembled and the parts placed into the stainless steel mesh basket.
- The water bath should be room temperature water or slightly warmer.
- We recommend using our environmentally friendly brass instrument cleaner, Ultra-Power 132-B detergent at 1-2 oz per gallon.
- The basket is then placed into the ultrasonic bath. Typical cleaning timeframes are 2-4 minutes.
- Rinse the instrument with clean water.
- Dry with a forced air parts blower.